Last month during an iftaar with friends, my friend brought an old copy of Time Out Kuala Lumpur magazine. The magazine has great compilation of places to eat but one small ad caught my attention: The Paperback Book Club.
A book club for lovers of the written word to come together over pots of afternoon tea (and coffee) for relaxed discussion, dissection and deconstruction of their favourite readings.
The Paperback Book Club has organised 40 book discussions since its first meeting on 26th of October 2011. The format for this book club is relatively easy going:
- The discussion is open to anyone 18 years and older.
- No need for English literature qualification to join the discussion.
- The reading list is already set for this year so interested individuals have plenty of time to read.
- The group meets every month at a pre-determined location.
- Topics of discussion include (but not limited to) themes, characters, plot, style, takeaway points from the book.
- If you did not manage to finish reading the book or are feeling rather shy, you are still welcome to take part in the meetup.
The next meetup is scheduled as follows:
If you’re keen to join, RSVP at the website. Have fun!