Thank you to Born and Read and Thoughts on Books for nominating this book blog for a Leibster award. Sorry for the delay in reply. I am greatly honoured to received recognition from fellow book lovers because I never expected this blog to attract readers from all over the world. 🙂
Anyway back to the award. The Leibster award is given by bloggers to bloggers. The main aim is to help readers discover new blogs and welcome them to the blogger community. There are different set of rules (as mentioned in this link) so to avoid confusion, I’ll stick to the rules set by the nominators.
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- Post 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions set by your nominator
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with under 200 followers (you can’t nominate the person who nominated you)
- Set 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Let your nominees know you’ve nominated them.
Eleven facts about myself
- I am a Malaysian.
- I am a budding social psychologist. I like to use popular culture to explain certain social psychology points.
- I created and maintain this website/blog because I am helping out a local book rental store named SS Readers Corner. I want to generate more traffic to the site so Malaysia-based book lovers will visit the actual store.
- I look for book-related topics almost everyday. Twitter really helps me with that task.
- I prefer paperback to e-book. E-book readers are expensive in Malaysia.
- Whenever I hear that a book is being adapted into a movie, I will consider reading the book. If I choose to read the book, I try to read before the movie comes out.
- Despite that, I have NEVER read ‘The Da Vinci Code’ and ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’. I don’t understand the hype.
- I am starting a book club with my close group of friends. I’ve been to a few but never hosted one before. Can’t wait for the exciting challenge.
- I am an avid user of public transportation so I have a book with me almost all the time.
- When I cannot find a bookmark, I’ll use anything to mark the last page read. Examples include used train ticket, business card, tissue, receipt.
- I feel sad when I see people on their phones during commute from work. Instead of checking their Facebook, why not read a book?
Eleven questions set by Born and Read
- What book(s) makes you laugh?
Witty romance books. My favourite is ‘Kiss an Angel’ by Susan Elizabeth Phillips.
- Do you have a special reading place?
No because I move around too much. I do, however, prefer a quiet spot.
- What were the last three books you read?
‘Unlawful Contact’ by Pamela Clare, ‘Love Me to Death’ by Allison Brennan & ‘A Wallflower Christmas’ by Lisa Kleypas.
- Do you see movie adaptations of books you loved?
Yes, adaptations usually motivate me to read the original source.
- What do you enjoy most about blogging?
Developing my writing skills.
- E-books or paper?
- Which writers inspire you?
Writers who write engaging stories because of their own personal experience e.g. Tess Gerritsen, Pamela Clare & Julie James.
- If you had to choose between never being able to listen to music again or never being able to watch another movie, which would you choose?
That’s tough because I enjoy listening to music and watching movies. I would choose the latter. I cannot survive without music.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Spain because I am fascinated with the Islamic architecture in the Southern region. Plus I’ve always wanted to improve my Spanish.
- Sweet or savoury?
- Caffeine or alcohol?
Caffeine because I used to live in Melbourne and Melburnians take their coffee seriously!
Eleven questions set by Thoughts on Books
- Do you still live where you grew up?
Yes, I love my hometown.
- What is your favourite aspect of book blogging (or blogging in general!)
I get to inform readers about bookish events all over the world! I want to become a global citizen.
- If you could pick one scent to smell for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Are you a morning or evening person?
Morning. It’s not great to be a morning person during summer!
- If you could bring back one person from the past who would it be?
A celebrated Malaysian musician/actor/director named P Ramlee.
- Favourite subject at school/college?
- Have you ever had any pets?
Yes, cats and fish.
- Ever broken a bone?
Fracture my arm but it wasn’t broken.
- Favourite app?
- Dog or a cat person?
I love cats!
- Describe your dream house.
I live in a tropical country so I want a well-ventilated house with a big backyard for gardening and for my cats to run around.
My questions to my nominees:
- What is your favourite book?
- If you have a bookshelf or bookshelves, how do you arrange your books? Click here if you need ideas.
- What do you enjoy most about blogging?
- If you could have lunch with any fictional character, who would you choose?
- E-books or paperback/hardcover?
- What book are you currently reading?
- Do you have any book suggestion(s) for a book club? If yes, please share.
- Coffee or tea?
- What is your favourite travel destination?
- If someone wants to get you a gift, what would you pick?
- If you could meet an author, who would it be?
Now I would like to nominate these individuals for a Liebster award:
Thanks for reading and enjoy your day!
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of SS Readers Corner.